Sunday, March 27, 2011

The persuaders! (1971-1972)


The persuaders! (1971-1972) is about two playboys who gets into a fight and destroys property. To avoid serving time in the prison the judge makes a deal with them. Instead of going to prison they must work together and fight crime!
I have seen this series with my parents and sibling many, many times. What I remember fondly is when my mother always tells us about how she remembers the series from when it was new. Every time we pop in a disc and watch an episode we hear that story.

“It was the coolest series”
“Those wallpapers where so stylish back then”
“Back in those days that outfit where considered good looking”


My mother is right, in Sweden (the country I am from) this series where seen by 50% of the population! It was basically seen by anyone who could read the subtitles. Even with the questionable title translation “Snobbar som jobbar” that means “Snobs who works”. In America The persuaders! (1971-1972) where kind of a failure, even with Tony Curtis playing one of the lead roles Danny Wilde.
This is really one of those series that should be preserved, it really captures how the time saw on adventure. Hell it does a fantastic job in preserving late 60’s and early 70’s.

They are not happy about the raitings in USA.
What do I think of the series on its own? It is really good, I mean really good! The intro is glorious and simply fantastic. The actors Roger Moore and Tony Curtis are of course awesome in their roles and I particularly like the way their character evolve during the series 24 episodes.
Let’s say that television series mysteriously vanished and there were only ten different television series left to repopulate the earth. I would feel very confident with The persuaders! (1971-1972) as one of those ten series.

No comments:

Post a Comment